I bookmarked the following five links between 16 Jan 2014 and 22 Jan 2014.
- IT HAPPENED TO ME: I Was Kicked out of my Birthing Center [xoJane]
I wish I knew which birthing center this was, just so I can tell everyone I know not to go there.
- Neil Gaiman Joss Whedon On Strong Female Characters [The Mary Sue]
I think Gaiman sums it up nicely: if you want to know how to write female characters, go hang out with some actual females.
- IT HAPPENED TO ME: I Am Part of a Comics Community Where Men Continually Rape and Abuse Women and No One Cares [xoJane]
I can totally get on board with having this conversation, but I'm not sure how I feel about the title of this article.
- Who-mogeneous: If Doctor Who Doesn’t Diversify, Will It Last Another 50 Years? [Racialicious]
All I can say is that things behind the scenes of Doctor Who might need to be shaken up ( women/POC brought on as writers, for example) before we'll see diversity done well onscreen.
- It Happened To Me: I Disowned My Abusive Family [xoJane]
I can't even imagine growing up in this household.